Enroll up now to participate in the GCAP consultation services including the warm line, access to the resource guide, and on-site training. Just complete this physician background form (PDF file) and return it by email firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 504-988-4264.We Offer
Physician consultation warm line
- 15 hours per week of real-time child psychiatry consultation by phone
- Calls returned within 1 business day
- Consultation for
- Differential diagnosis
- Medication decisions
- Treatment recommendations
- Written feedback and detailed recommendations
Child psychiatry resource guide (Enrolled GCAP partners, click here to login to the resource guide)
- Assessment tools at your fingertips
- Primary care management of common child psychiatric problems
- Parent resources
- Sample of resource guide, access to; full resorce guide available to enrolled participants.
On-site continuing education trainings
- Topics tailored to your needs.
Occasional face-face consultation appointments.
- One-time consultation appointments at Tulane to provide feedback to you about diagnosis and treatment recommendations
Forms for enrolled primary care providers
- Click here for the off hours consultation form to send to us ahead of a phone call if you have a question off hours. We will return your call during the next warm line session.
- Click here (PDF Consult Form) for the fillable pdf consultation referral for patients you would like seen by us for assessment or treatment recommendations. We may call you for further information and will schedule the patient for a 1-time consultation appointment. You and the parents will receive detailed recommndations for further assessment, monitoring, and home, school, and primary care interventions.
- Use your password to access more resources in the resource guide section.
To Contact Us
Warmline* (504) 988-9169
Fax: (504) 988-4264
G-CAP Warmline Hours|
Monday: No scheduled hours, but voicemail will be checked and calls returned in the afternoon or next day.
Tuesday: 4-7 pm
Wednesday: 8-12 pm
Thursday: 10 am-2 pm
Friday: 4:30-5:30 pm
*The warmline is covered 15 hours per week and is NOT an emergency service. During warmline hours, G-CAP consultants may be able to support you as you assess urgent issues. During the off times, you may leave a message or fax a consultation form to us and you will receive a call during the next warmline consultation period. However, please do not use the fax, email, nor off-hours warmline for emergency issues as we cannot provide emergency off-hours support.
G-CAP consultants are all members of the Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at Tulane University School of Medicine
Mary Margaret Gleason, MD FAAP trained as a triple boarder in pediatrics, psychiatry, and child psychiatry and is on the Tulane faculty
Andrea O’Leary MD also trained as a triple boarder at Tulane and is on the Tulane faculty
Jacqueline Henschke, MD is a child and adolescent psychiatrist who trained at Stanford and is on the Tulane faculty
G-CAP is a member of the Spirit of Hope Collaborative administered by Catholic Charities with funding from BP
Tulane University, Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, New Orleans, LA 70112, email@example.com